Public Health Connections
We specialize in the following public health services:
- Assessment: We work with secondary data sources and provide analysis for use in planning and resource development.
- Local input: We can help you develop surveys and questionnaires to be used in the community and in focus groups to understand the local “voice” on important issues.
- Convening: We have experience convening community groups such as Healthy Community Coalitions to work on local issues, including developing municipal comprehensive plans and using planning tools such as MAPP (Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships).
- Social marketing: We help non-profit organizations design, implement and evaluate social marketing campaigns that use evidence-based interventions.
- Community outreach: We work with "hard to reach" individuals and groups, to provide education, resources and referrals to services.
- Cultural competency: We have trained and experienced staff who develop culturally sensitive messages for use in a variety of media, including materials in "plain language" for individuals of all reading levels.
- Strategic planning: We provide meeting facilitation and expertise in organizational planning, to help your organization make the most of its resources.
- Project management: We can help you with project design, implementation, and evaluation, as well as financial management and grants administration.
- Board development: We train boards in non-profit management, financial responsibility and sustainability.
Performance and Quality Improvement
- Performance Improvement. We can help you implement evidence-based improvement processes, including provide NIATx Process Improvement through coaching and consultation.
- Grant management: We manage large grants by contract, including federal and state grants, and funding from private foundations.
- Grant seeking and grant writing: We can help you incorporate grants into your financial planning. We have a proven track record of writing successful proposals to federal and state agencies, and private foundations.